Helpful Information for New Patients
1. Expect to spend about 1 hour for your annual comprehensive eye health examination. We make sure to schedule ample time for your appointment so you will never feel rushed.
2. FREE PARKING on Veteran Ave. and METER PARKING on Pico Blvd. and across the street in the public lot behind Starbucks. (We provide change for the meters) REMINDER: NO PARKING on Pico Blvd after 4pm!!!
3. Contact lens evaluation fee includes all the necessary contact lens related follow up visits for 3 months, trial contact lenses and a starter kit of contact lens solution.
4. Bring insurance information for both MEDICAL and VISION insurance. Insurance must be claimed by patient at time of service.
5. We use Optos Ultra-Widefield Digital Retina Technology at our office which helps reduce the need for dilation drops in most patients, but your eye care provider will decide if your pupils need to be dilated depending on your conditions.
6. Dilating the pupils with eye drops allows your optometrist to obtain a better view inside your eyes in order to ensure optimal eye health. Please be advised that you may experience blurred vision when reading at close distances, and will be sensitive to light for up to 4 hours. If you are concerned about driving please make arrangements for someone to drive you. If you have sunglasses, please bring them with you.
7. Bring your eyeglasses/sunglasses and come in wearing your contact lenses. Bring any old prescriptions and/or boxes of contacts to your visit. Bring any eye drops and list of medications you are currently using.
8. To avoid a cancellation fee, kindly give 24 hour notice for any rescheduled or canceled appointments.
Your actual appointment date and time is NOT CONFIRMED until you receive a confirmation email
Click the video below to learn how to make Dr. Hodes' Anti-oxidant Veggie and Nut Smoothie